Smoothies.. the perfect chill on a hot Summer day. The best part of smoothies have got to be the fruits that you put in it.
Here’s a hardy and refreshing recipe for Banana and Strawberry Smoothie, the “Pink Swirl“.
2 ripe bananas
12 fresh strawberries
1/4 cup of apple juice
How to make it:
1. Chop up the bananas and 10 strawberries as if you’re chopping away the brutal heat on a blazing hot summer day
2. Freeze them overnight
3. Put the other 2 strawberries in a blender until it’s completely puréed (if you’re using a juicer, skip #4)
4. Place the puréed strawberries on a strainer and strain out the juice only, pressing down the purée with a spoon
5. Spoon the strawberry syrup and pour it into 2 empty glasses (about a tbsp each)
6. Take out the frozen fruits and blend them together in a blender (it’ll end up having a sorbet-like texture)
7. Drop 2 scoops or more of the mixture as if you’re scooping cold vanilla ice-cream into the prepared glasses with the strawberry syrup in it
8. As you drop the scoops into the glasses, you’ll notice that the strawberry syrup splashes in the glass and creates beautiful pink swirls
9. Put a straw into the glasses (or teaspoons) and enjoy!